Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Since the new year

After the first of the year, I began sewing my butt off.

I made matching suits for the boys and Joey for Kristy and Leon's wedding. Joey's jacket was a complete fail but was able to wear a pre-made one with it that didn't look too bad. I also made my dress and although the boys and I didn't get to party too much because it was an evening wedding, I am still really happy I did it all and am happy with how it turned out.


I have also sold all but one of the car seat covers I supplied to the consignment store and filled a couple special orders and a replacement for the store display that she sold. I have 3 more I am working on and waiting on the final word for details on another special order I am working on. I am much more efficient at it now and have been able work out some of the previous kinks I was experiencing.

 


Aside from sewing, I have also started a new project of restoring an old trunk I got for a steal at a salvage place down the road. I have corresponded with a company that sells replacement parts online and they are going to try to help me identify what kind it is so I correctly restore it. I am really excited about this one!!!

Hopefully it will resemble this in the end...



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Recent News

Had a dream recently that my muse came to visit me... started getting lots of ideas for paintings, and yes I started writing them down and sketching them out. Now I just have to DO it...

About Me

My photo
I am a mother to three amazing boys including a set of fraternal twins, a wanna-be artist that lives on a 21+ acre farm in Virginia with my wonderful (musician) husband and have an associates degree in art with a focus in painting.