Thursday, December 27, 2012

6 months of unposted projects...

Since July, a lot has happened...

We thought we were going to buy one house, but inspection results came back with tons of mold damage they were not willing to fix and compensate for monetarily, so we had to walk away.

We kept searching and it brought us to the house we now own. It is a lot smaller but with over 20 acres and endless opportunities is a much better fit.

Throughout the process, I have made several car seat covers and now offer them for sale through a Consignment Store I used to frequent in Georgia, Katia's Kloset. The owner, Tara, even agreed to carry them for me though I moved out of state and forward any orders to me when they come in. I have only sold one so far, but hopefully orders will start coming in soon.
    


With the new location states away and a new mortgage and moving expenses, our Christmas budget was all but existent, so I had to get creative with presents. They were mostly handmade and from the boys, but they included a hand-print calender, salt dough ornaments, my first successful knitting project that wasn't just a square, a fox scarf and a hand-made book.

Beginnings of the calender
side porch decoration
front porch decoration
paper chain card display
  
paper snowflakes

Salt Dough Ornaments
  
  
  
  

Fox Scarf 
 

Eden in his Christmas PJ's - Isaac didn't want to wear his...

And of course, food, lots and lots of food....

Low Carb Lasagna
 
Vegetarian Shepherds Pie
  
Calzones
Colombian Pinto Bean Casserole
Yule Log

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Recent News

Had a dream recently that my muse came to visit me... started getting lots of ideas for paintings, and yes I started writing them down and sketching them out. Now I just have to DO it...

About Me

My photo
I am a mother to three amazing boys including a set of fraternal twins, a wanna-be artist that lives on a 21+ acre farm in Virginia with my wonderful (musician) husband and have an associates degree in art with a focus in painting.