Tuesday, January 10, 2012

10/365 Childhood




This is actually of my sister and I back in December when I took her out for her 35th birthday, just the two of us.  Since having kids (her at 21 and now me almost 3 years ago... OMG) we really don't spend that much time together, just the two of us.  When we were little, everyone thought we were twins because I grew so fast (she is a staggering 5'4"+/- and I am 5'9") and we always participated in the same things together. We both played softball, dressed up to complement each other on Halloween, both loved barbies, both went through girl scouts. Then we moved to GA and while we still hung around each other a lot, it was then we started our individual lives. She went to high school a year before I did which is where the most noticeable gap was formed. I still think fondly of all the times we walked back and forth from our house in Deer Creek to KMart to spend what allowance we had received on whatever we liked and top it off with lunch at Taco Bell. It was maybe only a summer or two that it happened, but I really clung to my sister those first years we were here. Not sure why, don't remember being afraid of anything in particular, just fear overall. I didn't talk much because I didn't want anyone mimicking my accent. That's also when I decided to change my name.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Recent News

Had a dream recently that my muse came to visit me... started getting lots of ideas for paintings, and yes I started writing them down and sketching them out. Now I just have to DO it...

About Me

My photo
I am a mother to three amazing boys including a set of fraternal twins, a wanna-be artist that lives on a 21+ acre farm in Virginia with my wonderful (musician) husband and have an associates degree in art with a focus in painting.